Tuesday, October 17, 2006

South African Comix


No. Not the Vlismas, Barry Hilton, David Kau, Mark Sampson kind. Rather the good stuff done with pen & ink some sort of computer software.

I'm no expert and am not in the local comic loop (most of SA industries are pretty incestouos and the comic techies seem no different) but these sites are mostly original, witty, pithy and funny. Worth a visit if you haven't been there before.

Jeremy Nell at Urban Trash. (he's about to release his first book - pre order here)
Mike Scott at Bru&Boegie
Rico (the guy from Madam&Eve) at The Dog ate My Sketchbook.

The artist techies comix seem to collaborate at SKRIBBL and at IllustrationFriday.

I also love Hugh McCleod's GapingVoid 'back of business card art' so much that I've put his feed on my site.

I'm sure there are stacks more of them out there. Please feel free to let me know which SA talent I'm missing out on.

No comments: