Thursday, May 11, 2006

New faces White wants to see at Springbok camp

AJ Venter (Sharks, No 8),
Ruan Pienaar (Sharks, scrumhalf),
Johan Ackermann (Sharks, lock),
Chiliboy Ralepele (Bulls, hooker),
Andre Snyman (unattached, centre).

So reports IOL

I think this is 100% spot-on and just reward for a great season from the 3 Sharks players concerned and Ralepele deserves selection on the basis of his name alone. What a brand he has there. Think Hugh Bladen ..."and it's Chiliboy, Chiliboy Ralepele racing down the touch line, Chiliboy with the try...!"

Very little known fact. A relatively baby-faced, but no less bulky, Sergeant Ackermann taught a relatively baby faced but much fitter and no less skraal ATW to shoot with a 9mm while trainee constable ATW was briefly ensconced in uniform in PretoriaWest. I doubt he'd remember, but hell I do.

3 comments:

Third World Ant said...

Ok, a little off the topic of your post, but for once I actually have something to say relating to rugby! While in Secunda this weekend, we watched both matches in a shweet decked-out lapa in someone's garden. I was so caught up in that second game, you'd think I was a huge fan (during those nail-biting 80 minutes though, I definitely was). Viva Habana!

ATW said...

I still think it may have been rigged. I was just getting progressivley annoyed. I understand from my mates in CT that they have all burned their Stormers supporter gear and are now supporting the Bulls.

Third World Ant said...

Granted, they dropped the ball so often you would think it could only have happened if they were paid to drop it. If I were a CT supporter I would have burnt my gear too!

Not that I have any great affiliation to any team - I just watch each game as though there was no history behind it (which it quite true, I barely watch any games)