Friday, March 23, 2007

Some Random Things

Random quote of current relevance:
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity . . . "

- Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities.

Random interesting blogs out there.

Bonobo World
Jaysus, but it's one piss-poor book. Let's deal with the
editing first. I'll admit that I'm as prone to error as anyone and I can't proof read for shit - but that someone is actually credited as having edited this book defies the imagination. There are numerous repetitions.


TwentyMajor
Now, if previous to this statistic Dublin wasn’t the most
likely city in Europe to meet your maker then I would respectfully suggest that crime isn’t really falling at all, so much as escalating. In that sense I can very much understand the government’s frustration at the rate of falling. Negative falling, I think it’s called. Maybe they can use that in their election campaign. Crime is falling negatively

Casa Az
I love this programme. And I’m also slightly in lust with Hugh Laurie - who’d have thunk that Bertie Wooster had such a gritty & sexy side to him?

Woodpigeon
When it comes to skiing I am absolutely fearless. I am also
absolutely clueless. A dangerous combination, I think. We were absolutely wrecked by the end of the day. I had a very pleasant Indian meal in Burlington followed by a few drinks close to my sister’s apartment.


And a bit from the underbelly..
Japanese Forms
Photos from the men's magazines of
yesteryears.


No comments: